25 Years Of Practice
• Environmental Health & Safety
Dr. Clinton has 30 years’ experience in international environmental, health, safety and transportation (EHST), chemical product safety (GHS) and sustainability performance process design and improvement.
Her expertise comprises all program comprising strategic planning, materiality assessment, metrics and goal selection, program and Management System creation and implementation (including ISO, Responsible Care, GRI and other sustainability frameworks), training, auditing, sustainability reporting, and community and supply chain engagement.
Carol has served as a facilitator for Environmental Justice, Process Hazard Analysis, Corporate Ethics and Social Responsibility, and other topics. She is a published author on topics encompassing climate action planning, sustainability, plastics recycling, inherently safer design/process safety, STEM education, regulatory compliance, and quality education.
Her unique career combines manufacturing (plant and headquarters), regulatory agency, non-profit, education and consulting engineering positions, including site work in the US (most states), Brasil, Canada, China, France, Germany, Italy, Russia, South Africa, Switzerland, Thailand, UK and Vietnam. Remote global projects address sustainability and regulatory compliance in Argentina, Australia, Bahrain, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Egypt, all EU Member States, Indonesia, Japan, Jordan, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Lebanon, New Zealand, Oman, Peru, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates, and Yemen.
• University of Cincinnati College of Engineering, Cincinnati, Ohio
• Ph.D. Environmental Engineering, Metrics for Sustainability Decision-making – 2012
• M.S. Environmental Engineering, Research in Drinking Water Security and STEM Education – 2010
• B.S. Civil Engineering, Minor in Geology – 1981
• International Air & Waste Management Association, Member
• Former Board of Directors; Education Council Chair
Current Employment Position
Sr. EHS Audit and Compliance Manager